Mango Chicken Fajita Salad
I have eaten this meal every day since Thursday. I went out this afternoon to buy more mangos specifically so I could continue my run of it. Honestly, I think it’s really the mango that brings this dish together.
Please excuse my terrible cell phone picture. I keep inhaling this before I think to take a decent photograph.
- 4-6oz previously cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- sliced red onion (however much you want of it)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- a few cherry tomatos
- 1/2-1 tbsp oil/fat of choice
- 1 mango
- green leaf lettuce
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in your skillet and slice up your onion. When ready, throw however much onion suits your fancy (a lot if your me) and cover, stirring occasionally
- While the onion is getting all wiggly, slice up your bell pepper and get out your tomatos & garlic.
- Once the onion is mostly cooked through, add in your other veggies and cover once again, stirring occasionally. While that is cooking, shred some lettuce (aka rip apart by hand) into your bowl & cut up your mango.
- When all your veggies are cooked to your liking, toss them them on top of your lettuce.
- Then hand shred your chicken and put it in.
- Then add your mango.
- Then liberally top with salsa and guacamole.
- Then add black pepper to taste.
- Then mix vigorously so the order you added the ingredients was for naught.
- Then consume like the ravenous beast that you are.
You may need a napkin. Or 8.