Sun Dried Tomato Basil Baba-Ganoush
I’ve been missing hummus since going paleo. This is a delicious and WAY easier substitute. Soaking and cooking garbanzo beans is the pits.
- 1 eggplant
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sun dried tomatos (in oil)
- 1/3-1/2c fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp water (Could sub lemon juice – I was out of lemons)
- pre-heat oven to 400F
- slice eggplant long ways and bake for 40 minutes
- let cool, cut up, and scoop the guts of the eggplant into a food processor (remove the skin as best you can)
- add all the other ingredients and process the hell out of it
- enjoy with fresh veggies, eggs, a topping on salmon…or anything you’d like!